1. Three of the top five richest men in New York were there including David Koch, Michael Bloomberg and Ron Perelman.
2. Oscar de la Renta dressed about 20 women at the gala and Karlie Kloss said Oscar was both charming and flirtatious with an incredibly inspiring energy.
3. It took Gabrielle Union and Prada two months to collaborate on the bra top and skirt which was made for her which was widely panned.
4. Zoe Saldana loves the gala because of the artistry which eliminates her need to worry about being in a magazine’s “hit” or “miss” column.
5. Michael Kors (who I did not realize was that old) met Charles James at FIT when Kors was 18 years old.
6. Rosie Huntington Whiteley loved her Balmain dress because it made her feel “strong and edgy.” It took a month for the dress to be made.
7. Amare Stoudemire showed up with a cane which led many to believe he had a basketball injury. However, when asked he said it was just part of his costume.
8. Mario Testino was one of the only men who showed up with “decorations” and some mistook him for a Head of State.
9. Zac Posen who dressed 11 women for the night said having a custom piece created for him by Rucci was the “highlight” of his fashion life.
10. This was Olivia Munn’s first year to attend the Gala and she did so in a Diane Von Furstenberg dress.
11. Vera Wang declared purple lips the new trend and said she had “no choice” but to wear her own design to the event.
12. Hayden Panetierre appeared so inebriated she had trouble speaking clearly and wobbled up the stairs.
13. Valentino has never met Charles James but knew his name and is excited to see his exhibition and looking forward to his own retrospective which will occur in October.
14. I heard Katie Couric reveal her wedding date which is middle of June- I can’t tell you the exact date!
15. Olivier Rousteing, the 28 year old head of Balmain, who has been there 4 years, loved the event for the amazing red carpet mix and for his table where he sat with Nicole Richie.
16. John Demsey ditched his usual date of Kelly Bensimon for “real” supermodel Stephanie Seymour who did not stop kissing him.
17. When questioned by an Allure reporter most of the red carpet celebrities including Anne Hathaway, Rosie Whiteley, Zoe Saldana etc. admitted they owned very little of their attire.
18. A couple of celebrities who went virtually unrecognized included: Margot Robbie, Elizabeth Olsen, Rosamund Pike, Maggie Q, Monica Bellucci, Laetitia Costa, Lea Michele, Dianna Agron, Kendall Jenner, Kristen Wiig and Kirsten Dunst.
19. Celebrities who hurried by without barely a word to the press included the chair Bradley Cooper, Claire Danes, Nicole Richie, Kate Upton, Amy Adams, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Swift, Shailene Woodley, Kirsten Dunst, Kylie Minogue etc.
20. Sports Illustrated model Christy Teigen almost lost a very expensive earring which Hayden Panettiere thankfully retrieved.
21. Andy Cohen loves this event because you can “pretend” to be a gentleman.
watch is enhanced with sparking crystals. The chain link band is in elegant
pockets, this gold canvas wallet will hold credit cards and cash in style.